Monday, March 1, 2010

2010 Wrap-Up

A few notes on this year:
  • 30 soups in 27 days, with one day taken over by guest souper Aron
  • 156 bowls of soup served (not counting seconds!), plus 10 more at Aron's (159 in 2009)
  • 64 individual soup-eaters (up from 54 last year)
  • 25 brand new soup-eaters (attendees who didn't come last year)
  • Only 2 temporary, stress/exhaustion-induced breakdowns!
  • The spread of Soupruary—Congrats to Mick for his month of gorgeous soups in North Carolina! You did it, man! Can't wait to try some of his recipes, and he's inspired me to start baking more breads (Starch March anyone?).
Thanks so much to everyone who participated in Soupruary II, and thanks especially to Josh for being so supportive and helpful throughout. Being able to spend so much time with friends is a true joy, and the memories we made this month will live on far longer than any of the leftovers in my fridge or even stains in my aprons. Thanks for letting me experiment on y'all, brave souls; I hope you had as much fun as I did. Nothin' but love.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a glass of wine and an overwhelmingly be-bubbled bathtub that will not wait any longer.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that I just discovered your blog! Love this!! Wish I had been reading all along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should recap which ones you loved and will make again and which ones are meh! (translation: it just makes it easier to sort through the ones i want to try. ;)).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea, Mel! I'll do that sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete