Sunday, February 20, 2011

Soupruary 19th: Tomatillo ughghgghghghghgh

I think it's the third law of soupmotion: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, right?

bleh.

Well, after last night's triumph, this soup just wasn't quite right. Reactions ranged rom "It's not a total fail" to "It's sort of like when you throw up in your mouth."

Yeah, yeah, laugh it up, boys.

It wasn't quite that bad, but it certainly wasn't worthwhile, to the point that I'm not even going to share the recipe.

It's no excuse, but I had a long day at work and didn't really have the love pulsing through my fingers into my cooking. I always know when I'm not feeling it, and I always know it isn't going to turn out. Sounds hocus-pocusy to say you have to put your heart in it, but you better believe it.

The makings of bleh.

Luckily, tonight wasn't really about soup. It was a farewell party for the stupendous Matt Matt, who's moving to Seattle (as we shed tears).

Cheese is always good. So is taco dip.

It was dancing, singing, storytelling, and definitely laughing all night long with so many wonderful friends over at Seb and Katie's.

I can't cry over spoiled soup when I got to spend some memorable hours with not just Matt, Seb, and Katie, but Jenn, Ken, Luke, Drew, Nate, Josh, Aaron, and Emily.

You know they're really your friends when they're still there for you after such a disaster, folks.


Oh, and there may have been some Lisa Loeb.



All things considered, it was a wonderful night. But, hey, Tomatillos? You're on notice.

1 comment: