Thursday, February 19, 2009

Soupruary 19th: Recession Soup

Let's not call this phoning it in, let's just think of it as a challenge to do what I could with what I had on hand. Agreed? (Thanks, I feel better now.)

Location:
My apartment, Cincinnati, Ohio
Attendees:
Taylor, me


Menu:
??? Soup

Entertainment:
See "Attendees"

The Soup:
We tried to come up with a name for this while I was cooking. Por ejemplo:
  • I Refuse to Go to the Store Soup
  • Soup is the Mother of Invention
  • Throw Things in a Pot and Hope It's Better Than He's Just Not That Into You Soup
The one that stuck was Recession Soup.


But I really didn't want to go to the store, and I really did just throw everything I had in a pot.
Things I threw:
celery
shallots
carrot
leek
garlic
vegetable broth
diced tomatoes
spinach
egg
parsley
roasted garlic & herb linguine
tofu
cayenne pepper

It worked fine. We ate it. It was soup. It was extraordinarily filling. Taylor said it was amazing and the best soup I've ever made.

But Taylor might be a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment