Friday, February 27, 2009

Soupruary 27th: Stracciatella

After realizing that I’d spent 26 days with about six non-sleeping hours spent by myself, I decided it was time for a night off from company and some soup-for-one.



Location:
My apartment, Cincinnati, Ohio

Attendees:
Me

Menu:
Vegetarian Stracciatella



Entertainment:
Eugene Mirman’s brilliant The Will to Whatevs (although I think he could’ve used another editing pass—hola, typos on every page.)

The Soup:
Good, cheap, takes less than five minutes to make, and I was full! What's not to love?

2 c vegetable broth
2 eggs
pinch of salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 T parmesan
pinch of nutmeg

Bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and parmesan. Let the broth simmer, then start a little whirlpool in the broth using a whisk. In a steady, slow stream, pour the egg mixture into the swirling broth so as to form ribbons of egg. A this point, I also added some ribbons of romaine lettuce, just for some color and texture (and because I had some in my refrigerator). Serve with additional parmesan if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment